Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 30

Today is the last day of applying the fluorouracil (Efudex) to my forehead. I can't believe I made it. There were so many times I was ready to quit, said "enough is enough" and a few days where I put it off for an hour or more while I debated about it. I probably should do an extra day for good measure, but I won't.

I've got one more application tonight to do.

Already, I can see where the rest of my face is getting redder/dryer as the cream does its thing. Apparently, like most chemotherapy, it is cumulative, so it's still working even though I stopped two days ago.

My chin doesn't hurt as much today, which is great, because anything brushing against it, being clothes, blankets etc, hurt like the devil! Yes, shaving hurts, but not shaving drives me batty because it's almost as if the facial hair in that area is now super sensitive

For some reason, the pain and itching is the worst in the morning and then starts up again in the evening.


1 comment: